DRAGONIMAGE

DRAGONIMAGE

February 2, 2013

Mementos : An Excerpt From Io's Journal


š Third Day of the Fire Moon of Pahep Year 749 A.E.
(03.FMP.749)

This morning at around 6 in the morning we set out for the mountain.  A little later than I would have liked, but some were up late last night and needed a bit of a wakeup call. I provided that with the same song I sung in the Catch of the Day tavern at the wharf. Mego did not appreciate it very much, Phrenk mixed him up a pick-me-up though, and he was pleasant in no time.

Along the road I was telling everyone the story of what happened to Sonlan in the feywild, when we heard cackling in the grass Next thing we knew we were being attacked by hyenas.

Stoic made a very impressive attack against a charging one right off the bat and knocked it right on its back. Mia then swung her flail right in the face of the other one. Tilly was pounced by a lioness, but Stoic threw himself in the path of the lion and took the hit instead. Suddenly a lion flew right behind my back with blood pouring out of one of its eyes; I think Badur hiding in the grass was responsible for that one. Tilly shot the first hyena, killing it. Mego blasted divine energy out of his body which didn’t seem to do anything, but it sure looked pretty. I was distracted by the blast however, and my arrow which was meant to be headed for the lioness missed its mark.  Mia and Badur were beating on the other hyena; it didn’t look like it stood a chance. Stoic gave Gem a chance to slip away while taking another attack from the lioness himself. Then I heard Mia behind me growl right at the hyena, enraging it, he snapped at her but missed. She lit it on fire, and it ran off into the field, and before we knew it the field was ablaze.

Suddenly roaring came from my left, a corrupted lioness came out, and then we heard a very, very loud roar come from my right. The corrupted lioness charged right at Mia. Then a gigantic dire lion came out of nowhere and charged me, he chomped down on my left leg. I must admit I became a little distracted from the rest of the battle at that moment, I mean, I did have a bit of a situation going on. I called out for Stoic in my distress, and I heard his footsteps behind me and my heart felt relief. Stoic slammed the lion and it was pushed 20 feet… unfortunately with me still locked in its jaws. I managed to not sustain any damage and in the confusion got away from the lion. I stood up and shot it right in the face, it looked like it hurt.  The foul creature snapped at me but Stoic hit it and shoved it another 20 ft.

Gem used bloom scroll to put out fire, and then cast disorientation on lion. It became very confused and roared loudly, at the sound of which the lionesses all attacked. Suddenly I was pushed back towards my allies; my leg was bleeding quite a bit at this point. I took a moment to compose myself and shift next to stoic. I shot at it with my bow; it stuck right in the creature’s leg. Revenge.

Stoic stepped in front of me to protect me and shouted at it. The Lion charged him, but Stoic was ready, he slammed the lion and pushed it 10 feet. Though it was knocked onto its back it immediately stands up. I could sense Badur behind me, moving to attack and kill the other lioness. The dire lion lunges in anger at Stoic but its blindness seemed to still be in effect, and it misses. ?Who Killed LION? The lion appeared to be dead, but suddenly lunged an attack at Tilly, hitting him hard. Mego blasted the lion with holy power nearly 30 feet. In the blast its front right leg was completely blown off.  It didn’t faze the lion though, he charged Stoic on three legs yet missing him once again. I missed my shot and Stoic knocks it over again but it gets right back up. Mia took off the lions left foot with her mace. Lion made a final attempt to lunge but crumpled and fell apart.
Stoic made sure it was dead by obliterating it and stomping on it.

Loot: Tilly skinned the two lionesses and took some bones and claws. Mego took the dire lion’s heart which was corrupted, but he performed a ritual to preserve it. Mego also took a paw from a severed limb, and a paw from one of the lionesses. Mia took 13 claws from various paws.

We then had a picnic lunch in the bloom area, and stocked up on rations for the journey ahead. J

Ï POEM: STOIC THE HEROIC & CO. VS THE LIONS
I saw the great giant man of stone
Face off with many lions, but he was not alone.
His party would make quick work of their pride,
And soon they would all be decked out in hide.
Then a terrible roar, fear cut to the quick,
A dire lion with teeth dripping death necrotic.
It lunged for his friends but he swat it away.
“None of my friends will be injured this day!”
Over and over the lion charged at his foe,
Missing time and again his anger did grow.
A snap and my leg was caught in the beast’s jaws,
My life but a swipe of the great beast’s claws.
Suddenly the field was set aflame by Mia’s Mace
Blaze was smothered by Gen, Berries grew in its place
After great struggle I did get away
And Badur slew the beast which began to decay
Rejoicing was short, there came another growl
The lion, undead, was back on the prowl.
When Mego blasted the beast with radiant light
And we finally put an end to this long worn fight.
The lions in pieces we were finally safe
And in the bloom I sat happily stuffing my face.

6:30pm 2 hours till sunset
We came to the forest path, going through the forest can be a little risky, but we did not have the two days’ time it would take to go around. A vote was taken and it was decided that we would go through the forest.

Nightfall. We were all fatigued. We came across a small clearing with a waterfall and a beautiful babbling brook.  Mego purified the water, while Mia and Azi warmed the pool. Unfortunately Badur chose one of the non-heated areas to jump into, “Oh that’s cold on the piercings!”

I sat in the pool bathing and relaxing for a while. Tilly while searching the pool saw something glint in waterfall. While to everyone’s surprise Mia and Mego started getting frisky. They decided to head off to one of the tents together. I could hear the demoness claiming to know some clever tricks as they walked away.

Tilly stood on Stoic to help him grab shiny thing in the waterfall. He removed it, but an eel crawled up his arm. At this he freaked out and dropped it into the pool. I must admit I found this whole thing highly amusing. Tilly, though, without missing a beat dove off of Stoic into the pool to grab his treasure before it even hit the bottom. He rushed out of the water without saying a word to anyone to examine his find in his tent. Goblins.

Meanwhile, Stoic the Heroic crushed the eel in his fist, and we cooked it up for dinner. 

Suddenly everyone heard bear growls coming from tent. Before I could stop him, Stoic charged in, grabed Mego and threw him out of tent. Mia, who was halfway through orgasm, suddenly found herself with Stoic instead. She was a little confused but didn’t seem too fazed. Mego, meanwhile, was outside of the tent bear ass naked and his fur was quickly disappearing. He ran back into the tent quick as could be…. I think I need to introduce this guy to Finn.

Ï POEM: MIA AND MEGO, UNLIKELY LOVERS
Mia and Mego, an unlikely pair
One a little short, the other most fair.
Mego devout Halfling, does as he please
Mia of demons, swings her tits in the breeze
The couple while getting it on in a tent
The beast inside Mego growled to vent
Stoic Heroic did hear the beast’s call
Rushed into the tent ready to brawl
An awkward situation for me later that night
When Stoic asked me about the two lover’s “fight”

Tilly then came to me at the pool with two potions to examine; I identified one as a poison and one as a potion of regeneration. He thanked me by letting me keep the potion of regen, although I think I will give it to Stoic, as he has more use for such a thing.

Then we heard a rustling in the bushes. Stoic rushed over to check and we were all startled to see Serene fall out of the bushes. It seems she had been following us since we left the city. Stoic scooped her up and Azi ran up Stoic like a tree to play with her. Gen reprimanded Serene, “you’ve been taking those illusion lessons to heart haven’t you.”

I gave Serene a once over, she looked a little beat up, but none too worse for wear. I took her to the pool to get cleaned and bandaged up. We gave her some food and I took her to Stoic’s tent for bedtime. I tried to leave her there but she implored me to sing to her. I obliged… I mean, how can you resist that face?

Ï SONG: SLEEPY SERENE
Serene, Serene you are still very young
The world is so big and the road is so long
You will have plenty of time when you’re older to see
All the worlds wonders with stoic and me
But for now you must stay home where you’re safe and sound
When you grow up many monsters you’ll pound
But for now sleep softly with stars in your head
And we will all be grateful that you are not dead.

Stoic: “I’m proud of you, little one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment